50 Gray Street, Portland, ME 04102
P: 207-541-9243 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kripalu Yoga Center, Lenox, MA. Kripalu Yoga Teacher Certification, June, 2002.
- Maine College of Art, Portland, ME. M.F.A. in mixed media sculpture.
Written thesis: "Unveiling Beauty: The Perception of Beauty across the Ages." 2000.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA. Post-baccalaureat studies in sculpture, drawing and ceramics. 1994-1997.
- Bennington College, Bennington, VT. Studies in ceramics with Makoto Yabe. 1993.
- Honolulu Academy of Arts, Honolulu, Hawaii. Studies in ceramic handbuilding, 1992.
- Haystack Mountain School of Crafts. Workshops in clay and mixed media, 1988-97.
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Education. M.A.T./ Secondary School French. 1966.
- Wheaton College, Norton, MA. B.A. in French and English. 1965.
- Abbot Academy (now Phillips Academy), Andover, MA. 1956-61.
- Sculptor/Teacher, Freeport, ME. Teach ceramics and maintain a studio. 1998-present.
- Teaching Assistant, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Taught class in portrait head sculpture. Fall, 1996.
- Gallery Director, Brooksville, ME. Maintained a summer gallery for sale of local fine art and contemporary craft. 1993-94.
- News Writer for Department of Arts and Humanities, University of Maine, Orono. Pitched newsworthy stories to state, national and international media. 1990-91.
- Director of Public Affairs, College of the Atlantic, Bar Harbor, ME. Prepared news releases and feature articles; designed and edited quarterly newsletter; coordinated Summer Lecture Series; supervised work-study students and volunteers. 1986-91.
- Feature Writer/Proofreader, The Ellsworth American, Ellsworth, ME. Wrote feature articles and proofread galleys for award-winning weekly newspaper.
- Program Administrator. Harvard Graduate School of Design. Provided program information for students and faculty. Managed budget for Department of Landscape Architecture. Assistant to the Dean of Student Affairs. Harvard Medical School. Provided support for medical students. Coordinated graduation ceremonies. 1982-83.
- Lexington Arts & Crafts Society, Lexington, MA. "State of Clay", May, 2004.
- Center for Maine Contemporary Art, "Contemporary Maine Fiber Art", Rockport, ME, April-May, 2004.
- Maine College of Art, Portland, ME. MFA Thesis Exhibit. May, 2000.
- Deer Isle Artists Association, Deer Isle, ME. Four Person Show, June, 1999.
- Maine Fiber Arts Festival, Portland, ME. May, 1999.
- Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA. National Juried Prize Show. April, 1998.
- Maine Coast Artists. Paperwork. 1998.
- Galeria Mesa, Phoenix, AZ. Pulp Friction. 1997.
- Danforth Gallery, Portland, ME. Emerging Artists Exhibit, June 1996.
- Roundtop Center for the Arts, Damariscotta, ME. Outdoor Sculpture Exhibit, July, 1996.
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Boit Show, October, 1995.
- Leighton Gallery Sculpture Garden, Blue Hill, ME. Summers, 1995-present.
- Creative Living Center, Blue Hill, ME. 1994.
- Center for Maine Contemporary Art
- Maine Crafts Association
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Association
- Portland Museum of Art
- Potters Council of the American Ceramics Society
- C.G. Jung Institute, Brunswick, ME
- Association of Bowdoin Friends
- Deer Isle Artists Association, Deer Isle, ME.
- Switzerland (Experiment in International Living)
- France, England, Scotland, Spain, Italy
- West Africa: Morocco, Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal
- Hawaii (to research/document the history of Hawaiian art)